Fall 2022 applications will be available until August 15.
• Any Shawnee citizen currently enrolled in a post-secondary education program at the undergraduate, graduate or doctorate level.
• Any Shawnee citizen currently enrolled in a vocational/trade school program.
• Applicant must be attending an accredited school, meeting the standards of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or one of its participating or recognized accrediting organizations.
• Applicant must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher in order to remain eligible. Student income, age, location, or dual citizenship status will not be used to determine applicant eligibility.
All program assistance will be awarded as funding is available. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Program Scope & Award Details:
Tier 1: Undergraduate Level. Undergraduate students working on an associate degree, or bachelor’s degree will be awarded $150 per credit hour, not to exceed $6,000 annually.
Tier 2: Graduate Level. Graduate students working on their master’s degree will be awarded $300 per credit hour, not to exceed $11,000 annually.
Tier 3: Doctorate Level. Doctorate Level students will be awarded $500 per credit hour, not to exceed $18,000 annually.
Students will be awarded based on the program term.
• Short-Term Programs will be eligible for up to $1,000 in educational assistance, per semester.
• Long-Term Programs will be eligible for up to $2,000 in educational assistance, per semester.
Required Documents & How to Apply:
• Completed & Signed Program Application Form
• Signed Rights and Responsibilities Form
• Signed Release of Information Form
• Copy of Driver’s License, State Issued ID or Passport
• Copy of Shawnee Tribe Enrollment Card
• Current Transcripts or GED Certificate
• Current (Summer) Course Schedule or Verification of Enrollment
• Additional supporting documents as requested
Applications and required documentation may be submitted via mail to Shawnee Department of Education P.O. Box 189 Miami, OK or in person at Shawnee Tribe Headquarters at 29 S. Hwy 69A Miami, OK 74354. Please contact the Department of Education via email at email@example.com or via phone at (918) 542-2441, x133 if you have any questions or would like to schedule an in person or online consultation with the Higher Education Director.