Higher Education Awards
The Spring 2023 application deadline has passed. Summer 2023 applications will be available on May 1.
Spring semester Higher Education Award applications are now available via the link provided below. Spring semester applications are due February 1, 2023.
- Any Shawnee citizen currently enrolled in a post-secondary education program at the undergraduate, graduate or doctorate level.
- Any Shawnee citizen currently enrolled in a vocational/trade school program.
- Applicant must be attending an accredited school, meeting the standards of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or one of its recognized accrediting agencies.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher to remain eligible.
Student income, age, location, or dual citizenship status are not used to determine applicant eligibility. All program assistance will be awarded as funding is available. Incomplete applications are not considered for program funding.
Program Scope & Award Details:
Tier 1: Undergraduate Level. Undergraduate students working on an associate degree or bachelor’s degree will be awarded $150 per credit hour, not to exceed $6,000 annually.
Tier 2: Graduate Level. Graduate students working on their master’s degree will be awarded $300 per credit hour, not to exceed $11,000 annually.
Tier 3: Doctorate Level. Doctorate Level students will be awarded $500 per credit hour, not to exceed $18,000 annually.
Vocational/Certification Program. Students will be awarded based on the program term.
Short-Term Programs lasting less than six months will be eligible for up to $1,000 in educational assistance once per program.
Mid-Term Programs lasting six to twelve months will be eligible for up to $2,000 in educational assistance once per program.
Long-Term Programs lasting more than twelve months will be eligible for up to $3,000 in educational assistance once per program.
Required Documents & How to Apply:
- Completed & signed application, including the Rights & Responsibilities form and Release of Information form
- Verification of enrollment at an accredited, credentialled, or licensed educational institution (Vocational Programs)
- Current semester schedule (Undergraduate, Graduate, Doctoral Programs)
- Current transcripts or GED certificate
- Proof of Shawnee Tribe citizenship
- Copy of driver’s license, state, or federal Identification
- Additional supporting documents as requested
Applications and required documentation may be submitted via email, mail, or in person at Shawnee Tribe Headquarters. Please contact the Education and Social Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (918) 542-2441, x133 for more information.
29 S Hwy 69A, Miami, OK 74354
(918) 542-2441, EXT- 129,133