The Shawnee Tribe is pleased to announce that financial relief aid has been made available to the enrolled citizens of the Shawnee Tribe under the United States Department of Treasury’s CARES Act Funding. Adult Tribal Citizens may apply for assistance to help alleviate the financial burden caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The financial assistance will be given based on the following age groups:
Adult Citizens 18+ = $1,500
The application period will end on September 30, 2021. Applications postmarked or submitted online after this date will not be processed.
Below you will find the application checklist, list of required verifications and frequently asked questions. Shawnee Citizens may apply at the link below, or submit a paper application, which is also available to download & print below. Paper applications have also been mailed to every Shawnee citizen aged 18 and older.
- Citizen of the Shawnee Tribe
- Eighteen (18) years or older as of September 30, 2021
- Has experienced a financial hardship or an increase in living expenses due the COVID-19 pandemic
- Completed Application Form
- Shawnee Citizen Verification (i.e., enrollment card, resolution)
Citizens should expect approximately two (2) weeks of processing time before a submitted application is approved. Applicants who do not receive a follow-up message from Shawnee Tribe Administration after two full weeks may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submit your application without providing proof of enrollment, you will experience a longer processing time and may be ineligible to receive assistance through this program.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What should I do if I’m not yet 18 but will turn 18 before the application deadline (September 30)?
- Applications for citizens who are turning 18 before September 30 will be processed immediately following their birthdate. We recommend that these citizens wait until the week of their 18th birthday to submit their application.
- It has been two weeks since I submitted my application—why haven’t I received my check yet?
- Approved applications are all submitted to our finance team and sent via USPS First Class mail service within two weeks. Since the tribe has no control over the speed at which USPS First Class mail is delivered, we request that citizens remain patient.
- I need to change the address that my check is going to be delivered. Where do I go to do that?
- Please be careful of this when submitting your application—the address that you submit on your application is the address to which we will mail your impact relief payment. Due to the volume of applications we have received, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to change your delivery address before your check has been mailed. Email email@example.com and your request will be processed in the order that it’s received.
We are pleased to announce that 1,679 of our eligible citizens have successfully applied and received assistance as of Friday, September 10th, 2021!